.NET 6 is launched and it is a LTS launch which suggests it’s going to be totally and actively supported for the subsequent 3 years. In case you’ve been paused ready for the best time to improve to .NET 6, it is a good time to make the transfer!
The .NET Improve Assistant can take Home windows Kinds, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, Console Apps, and Libraries and aid you – interactively – improve them to .NET 6.
- Large and ongoing efficiency enhancements
- No must rely on .NET being on the consumer’s machine. You’ll be able to ship you personal model of .NET and embed it inside your EXE! Take a look at Single File Deployment.
- Tons of latest C# 10 options, however they’re optionally available, so your present code works nice however you too can “refactor by way of subtraction” and take a look at issues like implicit usings.
- Elective Profile-guided optimization (PGO) is the place the JIT compiler generates optimized code when it comes to the categories and code paths which might be most regularly used. This will imply even MORE free efficiency!
- Crossgen2 can dramatically enhance your startup time
- Help for macOS Arm64 (or “Apple M1 Silicon”) and Home windows Arm64 working programs, for each native Arm64 execution and x64 emulation. As well as, the x64 and Arm64 .NET installers now set up aspect by aspect. For more information, see .NET Help for macOS 11 and Home windows 11 for Arm64 and x64.
- Sizzling Reload – simply make modifications and your app modifications…even if you happen to’re coding in Notepad!
- And tons extra!
Take a look at my .NET Conf 2022 video the place I see what number of locations I can run .NET! Home windows, Linux, Docker, Mac, Raspberry Pi, even a Outstanding 2 eInk pill. Take pleasure in!
Remember to watch and luxuriate in ALL the good .NET Conf 2022 movies up on YouTube right this moment.
Sponsor: Lob’s developer-friendly APIs make it simple to ship a letter, verify, or postcard, as simply as electronic mail. Design dynamic HTML templates to personalize mail for max affect. Begin Exploring with Postman!